Motivado por uma conversa de há uns 200 e-mails atrás, decidi colocar aqui uma frase introdutória com referências a artigos de revisão fenomenais da Cell, para quem quiser ler.
“Cancer has traditionally been viewed as a set of diseases that
are driven by the accumulation of genetic mutations that have
been considered the major causes of neoplasia (Hanahan and
Weinberg, 2011). However, this paradigm has now been
expanded to incorporate the disruption of epigenetic regulatory
mechanisms that are prevalent in cancer (Baylin and Jones,
2011; Sandoval and Esteller, 2012).”
A frase foi retirada daqui.
BBC News asked readers for their predictions of life in 100 years time.
- Oceans will be extensively farmed and not just for fish.
- We will have the ability to communicate through thought transmission.
- Thanks to DNA and robotic engineering, we will have created incredibly intelligent humans who are immortal.
- We will be able to control the weather.
- Antarctica will be “open for business.”
- One single worldwide currency.
- We will all be wired to computers to make our brains work faster .
- Nanorobots will flow around our body fixing cells, and will be able to record our memories.
- We will have sussed nuclear fusion.
- There will only be three languages in the world — English, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Eighty per cent of the world will have gay marriage.
- California will lead the break-up of the US.
- Space elevators will make space travel cheap and easy.
- Women will be routinely impregnated by artificial insemination rather than by a man.
- There will be museums for almost every aspect of nature, as so much of the world’s natural habitat will have been destroyed .
- Deserts will become tropical forests.
- Marriage will be replaced by an annual contract.
- Sovereign nation states will cease to exist and there will be one world government.
- War by the West will be fought totally be remote control.
- Britain will have had a revolution.